NOSEY / Slim Aarons @ LEICA SOHO



My first job ever was at the Leica head office in Heerbrugg, Switzerland when I was only 15 years old.  My father was the CEO (now retired), and thought it would be a good introduction into the business world.  I had to speak Swiss German with braces and gangly pubescent legs and work with people at least 10 years my senior.  It was freaking hard.

It was only about 10 years later that I was introduced to Slim Aarons photography while a designer at Toronto based Pink Tartan.  A new exhibition puts the famed photographer’s work on display at SoHo’s downtown Leica store in New York and offers photo enthusiasts a chance to learn his particular methodology. Runs through June 30th. 

It's funny how sometimes worlds collide.

Leica
460 W Broadway
New York, NY
(212) 475-7799

Labels: