MONTREAL / L'Express





The first time that I ate at L'Express was nearly 20 years ago, and while the face of Montreal has certainly changed since then -- L'Express, thankfully, has not.  Indeed as I walked down St Denis, passing one 'A Louer' store front sign after the other, interspersed with lonely, customer-less restaurants and remnants of cafés past, I had my doubts whether this Montreal staple still had it.  But as soon as I walked through the door, I was met with the same classic, warm bustling bistro I remember loving all of those years ago.  

With not one empty table or spot at the bar, and on a Wednesday night no less, L'Express was bursting at the seams. The soothing clatter of lively conversations over the clinking of plates and wine glasses filled the air as the Maitre D swiftly whisked me to a back nook of the restaurant where a friend was already waitingWith waiters neatly in their penguin suits, a black and white check floor tile, a hand-written menu, classic French cuisine, and a wine list longer than one has the time to read, you can't help but relax and pretend for a couple hours to be transported to somewhere Paris.

Since opening its doors in 1980, L'Express continues to serve delicious plats in a lovely atmosphere and has certainly proven that it is here to stay.

L'Express
3927 Rue Saint-Denis
Montréal, QC
(514) 845-5333
restaurantlexpress.com










Labels: ,